The Global LTE Tariff Tracker consists of a spreadsheet analysis, quarterly descriptive summaries and free customer care. The database covers pricing and provides analysis for the key LTE Mobile Broadband services available worldwide.
The first edition of the Global LTE Tariff Tracker was published in April 2012, and since then updated every three months. This edition includes September 2013 tariff data. Interim information on LTE launches and pricing can be retrieved from the Telecoms Pricing Today Service published by Tariff Consultancy Ltd.
The database covers pricing for both Mobile Broadband and Smartphone offerings and allows the subscriber to compare like-for-like offerings.
The TCL Global LTE Pricing Tariff Tracker subscription service provides price information in an easy to use excel spreadsheet format which allows the user to simply compare and filter pricing information.
Detailed LTE product information per MNO include:
- LTE service launch date
- Name of LTE network vendor used
- Whether the service is aimed at the Business or Residential segment
- Whether the service is Post Pay or Pre Pay
- The main locations where the LTE service is available
- The theoretical maximum download speed provided
- The contract term
- The cost per plan (local currency, Euro and USD) inclusive and exclusive of tax
- The monthly data user allowance included
- The out of data user allowance cost
- Promotional pricing
All pricing is shown in local currency, in Euro or in USD and includes taxes and VAT and is sourced directly from the MNO. The product is available on a 1-year subscription basis.
The latest edition Q3 2014 covers pricing for 151 mobile operators offerings across 80 countries worldwide and it is constantly being updated as operators introduce new LTE services both mobile broadband and smartphone price plans. The coverage to-date is as outlined in the table below:
Geographical Coverage (Updated Q3 2014)
- EU: 25 countries, 60 operators
- Non-EU: 6 countries, 10 operators
- Middle East: 9 countries, 12 operators
- Asia-Pacific: 10 countries, 15 operators
- Africa: 10 countries, 13 operators
- Americas: 20 countries 30 operators.
- Total: 80 countries, 151 operators
Key Takeaways about Global LTE
- Searchable database by pricing and product
- Summary report of main pricing trends
- Price changes highlighted in red font
- Prices given in local currency, USD and Euros
- Free Analyst enquiry service